Friday, March 30, 2012

Wrecking Ball Tour



             I went to Bruce Springsteen's concert down at the Wells Fargo Center last night and it was amazing.  The seats I got were so close--the third row back from behind the stage. I was disappointed that I didn't get to see Clarence Clemons, the original saxophone player, perform before he died.  He was an amazing talent.  Clarence's nephew, Jake Clemons, took his place in the E-Street band and definitely did The Big Man justice.  Bruce knows how to get his fans involved in a show; he brought a little girl up on stage to sing part of "Waiting on a Sunny Day" with him, saw another little girl in the audience holding a poster saying "Sing Thundercrack for my Dad in Iraq" and sang it for her.  He even brought his biggest, number one fan onto the stage--his mother--and they danced to "Dancing in the Dark" together.  It was so sweet!


As I was making my way to the exit of the Wells Fargo center at the end of the show,  I passed by WMMR's booth where they were doing concert coverage, and none other than Pierre Robert was there!  I HAD to get a picture with him, so I waited around until he was done announcing.  A small crowd of people was surrounding him, including me, and he asked a few of us what we thought of the show.  I WAS ONE OF THEM, and I made it on the radio.  It sounds sort of dumb, but I think it's really cool considering WMMR is my favorite radio station ever!  And I got a big hug from him too.  Believe it or not, that was the highlight of my night.



No comments:

Post a Comment